WILD SALMON– Omega-3– Fatty Acids
- Supports blood flow to reproductive organs and keeps men’s swimmers swimming!
- Lower in mercury then other fish
**Omega-3 fatty acids’s also have been known to support babies in having a lower risk of food allergies and eczema and support healthy brain development if taken while pregnant
WHOLE GRAINS OR BROWN RICE (for a gluten free diet)- Carbs
- Complex carbs stabilize insulin production in the body which supports healthy reproductive hormones, eating fast carbs such as white breads and potatoes increase sugar production int he body and can through hormone levels off
PUMPKIN SEEDS- Iron
- Pumpkin seeds can support female fertility but is more known to increase sperm and testosterone levels
- High in Iron as well as beets, tomatoes and whole grains
BERRIES, CITRUS & POMEGRANATE- Vitamin C
- Super anti-oxidant and high in Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is an anti-inflammatory and immune boosting vitamin that supports good sperm quality and count and can help prevent miscarriage
- Kale, Spinach, broccoli you name it…if it’s green you can’t get enough!
- High in folate and vitamin B which supports and possibly improves ovulation and healthy sperm!
- Yep, dairy all the way! Whole milk in yogurt, ice cream, cheese or a glass of milk (yuck! sorry I did not even eat dairy until I got pregnant and now I crave it daily!) protects against infertility
- Apparently skim and low fat milk can have the opposite affect according to Dr. Jorge Chavarro co-author of The Fertility Diet, a new book which did extensive research on nurses attempting to conceive.
MORE BEANS/LESS MEAT– Protein
- Lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans and nuts YUM!
- In the same study mentioned above woman who had a higher diet of animal protein had a more difficult time attempting to conceive! Possibly due to all the hormones in our meat.
FERMENTED COD LIVER OIL– Vitamin D & A
- It’s just sooo good for you! But it can taste sooo bad!
- Boost hormone production and reduce inflammation in the body
RELATED LINKS FOR FERTILITY BOOSTING DIETS:
Iva Keen’s Natural Fertility Prescription : http://natural-fertility-prescription.com/fertility-boosters/
Stillwater Fertility Clinic: http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/top-10-foods-to-enhance-fertility.html
- My Pregnancy Smoothie Essentials (nourishinghub.wordpress.com)